pathway leading to the Dargah Complex from Lala Lajpat Rai
Road up to the Main Gate of Haji Ali Dargah Complex was constructed
in 1944, from the trust funds. The pathway was reconstructed between 1984 & 1990
from the Trust fund and the width and height of the same was also
increased. Street lights were fixed by the Trustees along the side of
pathway by the Trust fund for beautification & convenience
to public, from time to time.
hall called Qawwal Khanna, Ladies
Rest Shade, Toilets, the buildings of the Sanatorium presently called Mashriqui & Maghribi Manzil
and the Main Gate of Dargah Complex was
constructed between 1946 & 1950 by the then trustees from the
Sharief and the Masjid was reconstructed, remodeled &
renovated between 1960 & 64 by the then Trustees from the Trust
funds. The new Sanatorium building was constructed by demolishing the
old ground floor structure of the sanatorium between 1978 & 82
the trust funds.
The Kinara Masjid was also developed & reconstructed from time to
time on the parapet space (Ottla) available over last 300 years from the
The location of the Dargah serves as one of the major
attractions luring tourists here. With the sea forming the
backdrop, Haji Ali becomes a sight to behold. The entire
structure is spread over an area of around 5,000 sq. m. and stands adorned with an 85 foot high minaret.